Friday Night House Fire
By: Sheila McCrea -
Monday, February 22, 2021
GILEAD TOWNSHIP, MI - An electrical issue in a laundry room is believed to have started a Friday night house fire north of Orland in Branch County.
The Bronson Fire Department was notified of a house fire located at 940 Gilead Lake Road just before 8:00 p.m. Fire Chief Scott Wilber says crews arrived to find smoke coming from the eaves of a large two-story farmhouse.
The family was home when the flames broke out and was able to escape without injury.
Fire departments from Lakeland, Orland, Fremont, Mongo, and Burr Oak provided mutual aid. Wilber says nine water tankers were used to deliver over 80,000 gallons of water to the scene.
Firefighters were on the scene for over four hours. No injuries were reported.
Damages are estimated at $90,000 to the structure and $20,000 to the contents of the home.
>> News Archive