Officials with the Angola Fire Department are calling an a mobile home fire that happened early Thursday morning "suspicious".
The Angola Fire Department was called to the scene at 1201 Apollo Drive at the Jul-E-An Estates located on Angola's east side at 2 a.m.
Angola Fire Department Public Information Officer T.R. Hagerty said that first units on the scene found a single wide mobile home with heavy fire throughout. Crews initiated a defense of the blaze from the outside, and were able to get a quick knock down on the fire.
Damages were estimated at roughly $5,000, but due to the amount of fire the mobile home is a total loss.
The structure is owned by Jason Huter. The were no occupants in the mobile home during the time of the blaze, and no injurries were reported.
Authorities are asking for help from the public in determining how the fire may have been set. Anyone with information can call the Angola City Police Department at 260-665-2121 with information.
Assisting the Angola Fire Department at the scene was the the Fremont Fire Department, Steuben Township Fire Department, Angola City Police, and Steuben County EMS.
(03-21-2019) Car Strikes Pole To Avoid Another Vehicle
(03-21-2019) Ohio Candy-maker Takes On National Spotlight
(03-21-2019) Historic Defiance Bridge Under Reconstruction
(03-21-2019) Ohio Lieutenant Governor Appears in Defiance County
(03-21-2019) DeKalb High School Principal Resigns
(03-21-2019) Domestic Battery Arrest Made In LaGrange County
(03-21-2019) Lotto Fever Is Spreading Again
(03-21-2019) Good Samaritan Saves a Life with CPR
(03-21-2019) Fort Wayne Citizens Petition Mayor For Renewable Energy Plan
(03-21-2019) Braun Aiming To Target Drug Costs For Hoosiers
(03-21-2019) Semi Driver Injured In Rollover Crash In Auburn
(03-20-2019) Hamilton School Board Looking to Fill Open Seat
(03-20-2019) McCormick Offers Statement on House Bill 1005
(03-20-2019) New Discipline Plan Coming Soon to Steuben County Schools
(03-20-2019) Statewide Smoke Alarm Program Aims To Combat Home Fires
(03-20-2019) Fire Erupts At Fort Wayne Landfill Command Center