Objects Left on the Stove Result in Residential Fire
Sunday Jan 08, 2017 8:08pm
401 N West Street Angola, IN
By: Sheila McCrea
Objects left on the stove resulted in a residential fire. Angola Fire Department Public Information Officer TR Hagerty says Angola Fire crews were dispatched to 401 N West Street in Angola Just after 11 a.m. Saturday to a report of smoke in a residence. Hagerty says first fire units on the scene found a small fire contained to the kitchen area of the home.
Crews responded and had things under control at the scene in less than 20 minutes. Reports indicate that total damages for home occupants Bret and Lydia Stevens amount to $2,000. No injuries were reported.
This was the first of three residential fires for Angola Fire Crews on Saturday.