Outside Smoking Leads To Fire At Coldwater Bob Evans Restaurant
Friday, March 17, 2023
COLDWATER, MI – Careless smoking is being listed as the cause of a fire that took place outside of the Coldwater Bob Evans Restaurant, located at 361 North Willowbrook Road.
The Coldwater Fire Department was dispatched at 4:13 p.m. Wednesday on a report of smoke inside of the building. The restaurant was cleared of customers and employees by the time the fire department arrived.
First crews on the scene found light smoke coming from the south side of the building. They had to remove portions of the building siding to extinguish the fire.
Investigators determined careless smoking ignited bushes and mulch and the fire extended into the building from the outside. Damage was estimated at $10,000.
No injuries were reported.
The restaurant will reportedly re-open once it passes health department and building inspections.
The fire was extinguished in about 30 minutes and crews remained on scene until 5:17 p.m.
>> News Archive