ORLAND, IN - Multiple units responded to what is being reported as an electrical fire at Chubby’s restaurant located in Orland, Indiana.
Crews on the scene say a wall socket began smoking on the wall and was apparently smoldering. Quick action by employees and local firefighters were able to contain the blaze. An interior wall had to be ripped into order to stop more damage.
Early reports indicate that no one was injured as a result of this incident.
Chubby’s Fish & Steak, a restaurant favorite in the community, has been locally owned by Kellie and Kevin Kain for over 30 years. Employees, family, and friends gathered outside the restaurant showing support to the Kain family.
(09-24-2020) WVCF Facility Staff Receive Appreciation Meal
(09-24-2020) Lilly Grant to Fund Extended Reality Technology at Trine
(09-23-2020) Fort Wayne Walk to End Alzheimer’s
(09-23-2020) TrineOnline Degree Programs Now Available Through INTraining
(09-23-2020) Enjoy Fall Fun and Halloween Events, Starting Now
(09-23-2020) CARES Funds Money Being Used on Several Angola Buildings
(09-23-2020) Indiana Governor Will Speak on Mask Mandate Wednesday
(09-23-2020) Steuben County Government Wins Statewide Award
(09-23-2020) St. Joseph County ISD Has Board Vacancy
(09-23-2020) Minor Injuries Reported In Two Vehicle Collision
(09-23-2020) Bronson Schools Closed Due To COVID Cases
(09-23-2020) Three People Arrested On Drug Charges
(09-22-2020) Halloween 2020
(09-22-2020) Fatal Plane Crash in Kokomo
(09-22-2020) LaGrange County To Spray For Mosquitoes
(09-22-2020) Drive Through COVID Testing Happening Tuesday In Sturgis
(09-22-2020) Sturgis BOE Approves Extended COVID-19 Learning Plan